Rant: That ain't the way to have faith!

Been watching more news that I should. Especially MSNBC. I find "Countdown" with Keith Olbermann especially fun. The way Mr Olbermann rants and raves is very fun, and entertaining.

But Mr Olbermann crossed a bit of a line for me. The other day he was discussing Sarah Palin and he began going on about the church she went on and all the "quirky" things that go on in it. He said there was a problem(but didn't specify what) with that church because they spoke in tongues, prayed for homosexuals to revert their way, and other stuff that reminded me of every church i've been to. Let's get it out of the way that even if i could vote for president I wouldn't vote for the republicans this year .

Really, Mr Olbermann? I mean, I can understand why someone who's never stepped in a Church might find speaking in tongues weird, but I don't think that's the kind of thing you throw in people's face. I mean, let's get hypothetical here: Imagine Sarah Palin was a lesbian. Would Mr Olbermann hold it against her? I would disagree with her life-choice, but that makes no difference on her ability to run the country. So why should her religious choice? I mean, I wouldn't want to think the concept of "tolerance" was meant for certain interest groups, and when it comes to other groups all of a sudden it doesn't apply.

Also, is praying for homosexuals to convert all that bad? I fail to see what's wrong with it, unless they are being forced in on the church against their will.

Rant off, I wanna do something else.

0 comments:

What are you guys watching?