Underrated videogame music that I love

You know, there's a couple of songs from videogames out there that just get no love. I, much like Fefe Dobson, swear to help them and shine my light on them. First off it's the Freezing Fortress from Clay Fighter 63 1/3.

Though it's clearly midi, the composer clearly tried to stuff as much Danny Elfmanisms as possible, and it succeeded. I will not complain. I love the Elfman. The choir, and the Oooh-ing and Aaaaah-ing and the buildup and crescendo. It's a great theme.  Maybe a little too great. Tone it down, buddy. This is Clayfighter, not the Flash TV show.


The Second one is actually more appropriate to the game it's from.

It's the first theme from Superman: The Man of Steel. Not to be confused with the future Superman: The Man of Steel movie and it's obvious future game adaptation, The Man of Steel was an Xbox game featuring Big Blue in a story where he fought Brainiac and other people. And Brainiac was from just after the Y2k scare, which meant something back in 2002-3, I guess. This theme was in the demo and, frankly, made me forget that the only reason I considered the game was because it had Custom Soundtrack. It perfectly captures the feeling  one should get when playing as the man of Steel. Different versions of the theme are used throughout. This one's the best.

Off course, speaking of Superheroes...
I can't find an isolated version, but the first song that plays in this...MhhM! You know, I always regretted buying this game fo ran X-Men fix as the second movie was rolling in, but the song struck me as just great.

Of course, some heroes wear spandex, but we all know Japan's heroes know skirts are where it's at.
And this ear worm song plays out in the first stage of the Genesis port of  Valis 3 sends you head first into the adventures of magic sword enthusiast Yuko and the rest of the gang. I never played the original, which has an even better version. This version, though, made my youth. Part of the stage involved nothing but running on your pajamas, unable to attack anything, and the theme made even that badass.

So...nothing, end ramble, I guess.

1 comments:

Online Blackjack said...

It is an Underrated video game music that I love so much. The Man of Steel was an Xbox game featuring Big Blue in a story where he fought Brainiac and other people. And Brainiac was from just after the Y2k scare.

What are you guys watching?