Scolding Review- Wolverine and the X-Men



I turned it off.

I have not seen an X-Men cartoon since the 90s one ended. As much as I like the X-Men, none of these series felt like stuff I needed to watch Evolution looked a little to young and hip, even though I was young and hip when it was on. Last week, I decided to give Wolverine and the X-Men a chance.

I turned it off.

I felt weird about this show. I've never been a big Wolvie fan. I mean, I get why people like him. I just don't naturally gravitate toward characters like that. And I knew his increasing dominance in X-Men lore wasn't just here, on the title of this cartoon. Still, can't hurt to try it.

I turned it off.

Something about Sentinels got foreshadowed. It won't be important. A scene took place on the Xavier institute.  Wolverine is leaving. An uneasy feeling took over me. Why is this completely in character action so important?

I turned it off.

Everyone's fawning over Wolverine. Jean Grey, blows a kiss to him, in front of Cyclops, her boyfriend. So it's not even subtext anywhere?

I turned it off.

Blood was pumping in my veins. Was this anger? Should I have expected something else from a title that sounds like a Wolverine  rock band? He approached Rogue.

I turned it off.
 I turned it off.
Rogue is very sad that Wolverine is leaving.

I turned it off.
I turned it off.

I turned it off.
Rogue tells Wolverine something to the effect that the X-Men are not the X-Men without Wolverine. Thoughts. Blind Anger. No. Fury. Is this? What else? DO I want to..?

And then I turned it off.

I knew this cartoon was gonna suck Wolverine's Mutant peen, much like you knew I was gonna say at some point I turned off the cartoon. But to already start the cartoon with people acting like Wolverine is godsent what's he gonna grow into?

Fuck this cartoon and it's abnormal character development and Wolverine  idolatry. Fuck it! If they can't be bothered to at least show why I should care about Wolverine, then I guess I won't bother with watching the rest of this.

0 comments:

What are you guys watching?